65 Roses?....A beautiful way of saying Cystic Fibrosis, however does not make CF any more beautiful. My wish is to be standing untarnished, unbreakable, breathing easily.... A blog that is about my day to day life, as well as trying to cope with my illness Cystic Fibrosis. There will be no hold backs just me...out in the open, hope you enjoy! xXx

Monday 18 July 2011

That dreaded call

I find it really hard to call my team and 'admit defeat' and accept that i need medical intervention. It feels like all the hard work i have been doing was pointless and i will be looked upon as non-compliant with my treatments if i have ended up in hospital. I know this is a completely unjustified feeling as my team obviously know infections will happen regardless. But i hate asking for help, so i put off ringing my team to book a bed to go in for as long as possible thinking im superwomen and will manage to fight the infection through sheer determination, if only it was that simple :/ ....so anyway i phoned a while ago and told them my symptoms, they said i will need to go in, they will try to get me a bed asap, surprise surprise!!
So today is the mad rush to get things in place for my admission, making sure i have enough clean clothes and undies to take, getting some food to go in with, make any necessary calls. And of course meet Clare for a Starbucks before i go in, its going to be a long hard day but its almost a relief knowing i will be getting the medication i need in the next day or 2. I'm not sure if i will be able to get internet in hospital so i may not be able to update my blog so i will hopefully update in about 2 weeks once im home...until then, take care

3 comments:

  1. I had a fab time in bucks :) Remember I am always here and yes you are not superwoman. Go in! we don't want you as poorly as u was last year! Do as I say, you know I'm always right :P
    Love you dudey x
    Bloody thing never lets me log in using wordpress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a bed, im going in at 10 tomorrow boohoo, but also kind of yay that ill be feeling better soon and not coughing up a lung in bucks hehe, ill be back in no time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good good! Yep bucks don't want your germans! Behave yourself and I may even visit ;)

    ReplyDelete