65 Roses?....A beautiful way of saying Cystic Fibrosis, however does not make CF any more beautiful. My wish is to be standing untarnished, unbreakable, breathing easily.... A blog that is about my day to day life, as well as trying to cope with my illness Cystic Fibrosis. There will be no hold backs just me...out in the open, hope you enjoy! xXx

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Through a mothers eyes...

So as the title suggests this post is through my mums eyes..what follows is a poem she wrote a few days after i was diagnosed so almost 25 years ago, she has kept this aging piece of paper in a folder locked away...untill now


My Prayer!

Oh god in heaven, what am i to do?
Please! dont take my baby, im begging of you
Save her the suffering and pain ahead
Leave her alone, take me instead

Kerry my darlin' whats happening to you
God name your price I'll bargain with you
If you really are out there, prove it to me
stop all this pain and misery

How can you allow her to suffer this way
Only to take her away some day
From me her mother, her next of kin
What did i do? did i sin?
If you feel i should suffer in some way
Then fair enough i will pay
But not like this, thats not right
To make me face the unbeatable fight

The daily treatment, the drugs the tests
The constant worry the lack of rest
Its all to hard for us to bear
prove to me you really care
Find  a treatment, make it alright
Tell me a cure is in sight

Im sorry if asking for help is wrong
but if your going to help, don't leave it to long 
time isn't something we cam spare
Please god in heaven hear my prayer!


Spoken from the heart of a young women diagnosed with a terminally sick child, a women who was younger than i am now when she was told this news, from a women who is my hero, my strength, my mentor, my friend...my mother! <3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment