65 Roses?....A beautiful way of saying Cystic Fibrosis, however does not make CF any more beautiful. My wish is to be standing untarnished, unbreakable, breathing easily.... A blog that is about my day to day life, as well as trying to cope with my illness Cystic Fibrosis. There will be no hold backs just me...out in the open, hope you enjoy! xXx

Saturday 26 October 2013

Fundraiser Information

I wanted to update everybody on what's been keeping me busy for the 2 last weeks.

As I said in a previous blog I have been planning a lot of fundraising for 2 charities that are very close to my heart. The Cystic Fibrosis Trust and Life Life then Give Life

I have decided that the first fundrainer I will hold will be for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

I have been interviewed by my local paper to raise awareness towards Cystic Fibrosis and the Fundraiser, the link will be at the end of this blog if you want to take a look.

Along with great help from my friend Leanne, we have managed to hire a church hall in December
The event will be Christmas themed so there will be lots of activities for children.
We have a santa with his elves in his grotto, card making and cupcake decorationg all available for a small cost.
 We will have a very large cake, mince pie, and savoury stall complete with teas coffees and juice, as well as many stalls from Avon, gifts and fresh Christmas reefs so it will be a perfect family fun day out to do a bit of Christmas shopping, have some tea and cake as well as keep the kids entertained.
Not to mention an amazing raffle with fantastic prices ranging from show tickets, photo shoots, haircuts, make up, facials, champers, chocolates and many many more 
 
The event will take place on the 7th December, at The United Reform Church Hall, Honeypot Lane (off of whitmore way) Basildon. Between 11 & 3.
Santa will be there for 2 half hour slots, 11.30 - 12.00 and 2.00 - 2.30 so if your children are wishing to see him please be there between these times to avoid disappointment.

Raffle will be drawn at 2.45

We do ask people to bring as much change as possible as changing notes will be slightly difficult, items such as cakes, drinks and childrens activities will range between 50p - £2 
Unless shopping at the stalls, the prices will be set by the stall holder.

Unfortunately due to cross infection rules, people with CF will not be able to attend as I will be there and culture psuedomonous ( please note this is ONLY a problem to children/adults with cf, it poses no risk what so ever to healthy people, as their genes are completely different to cf sufferers and it is in no way contagious) 

If anybody feels they are in a position to donate a gift to the raffle, cakes to the stall or small inexpensive gifts for the children visiting Santa we will be extremely grateful for your generosity towards such a Worthy cause. I do also have a bank account that will hold funds for people wishing to donate but are unable to attend the event.
 You can contact me on my Facebook, twitter or E-mail which is kerry.r1987@yahoo.co.uk should you wish to donate or need any further information.
 
Please feel free to share this information on your own facebook or twitter accounts, the more the merrier :)

We hope to see you there and see you all having a fantastic time on the day
Thanks for reading xxx

http://www.yellowad.co.uk/News.cfm?id=36161&headline 


No comments:

Post a Comment